Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekly Snapshot: Stuck...On a floating Island!



So today, I don't have a 40K or even wargaming related Weekly Snapshot. Why? Because I've been playing this all week!

Minecraft. Aaah... The only thing that is more addictive than the plastic and resin crack Games Workshop and Forgeworld  produces.

It is ridiculously addictive.




Now I realise many of you would probably have already heard of this map, or even played it. But I just wanted to share how awesome it is anyway. 

So this past week, I've been trying out a custom built map called Skyblock. Basically, you start off on 
an island...that is floating in the sky. 

You can barely walk anywhere without falling off. You're given a couple of resources that will help you survive and expand your little island. Above is where you start off. Scary, huh.

In the screenshot above that, you can see I've expanded my island significantly. The thing is, you have to balance between expanding and maintaining. If you expand too much, monsters will spawn on your island and can absolutely wreak havoc especially because of the small area.



No comments:

Post a Comment